There are so many cute ring holders out there for sale, but DIY'ing it with your own special message to the bride makes it that much more personal.
I started selling these Picture Frame Ring Holders on my Etsy Shop and I can barely keep them in stock! They are actually really fun to make... here's how.
- (1) 4 x 6 picture frame (I get all my frames at The Dollar Tree)
- Scrabble tiles (depending on the message you choose)
- Chevron Stencil (optional)
- Acrylic Paint
- Paint Sponge
- (1) Small Adhesive Metal Hook
- Hot Glue Gun + Glue Sticks
- Choose your word or saying and make sure of two things - (a) you have the Scrabble tiles in all the letters you need and (b) you can fit it in a 4 x 6 space.
- Cut your burlap (a bit larger than 4 x 6). Hold your stencil over the burlap and using the paint sponge, paint the chevron pattern onto the burlap. Set it aside and allow it to dry completely.
- Remove the backing and the glass from the picture frame. Hold the empty picture frame over the painted burlap and place your Scrabble tiles. Using the hot glue gun, glue each individual Scrabble tile to the burlap.
- Keep the empty frame over the burlap with the Scrabble tiles for placement. Take the glass your removed from the frame and place that on top of the empty frame. Decide where you'd like to place the metal hook. Hint - make sure you don't put it too close to the bottom of the frame; there needs to be enough space for a ring to hang.
- Peel the adhesive from the metal hook and secure it to the glass. Make a small mark on the burlap where the hook will poke through. Cut a very small slit into the burlap where the mark is.
Here is the FINISHED PRODUCT:
I've also made other variations following the same steps as above. You can get as creative as you want with this. I plan on doing polka dots instead of chevron for my next round (crafting rebel, I know).