Not the case with this adorable DIY gift I recently made for a bride-to-be. I wanted to give her a silly little gift at her bachelorette party, especially since I can't make it to her destination wedding. She and her fiancé just purchased a beautiful new home and I was racking my brain trying to come up with a gift that would be suitable for a housewarming/happy-bachelorette-party. Pinterest to the rescue!
I went to The Dollar Tree for most of my supplies; the others I had left-over from my wedding:
- Large silver spoon
- Small silver spoon
- 8" x 10" frame
- Sharpie marker
- Hot glue gun/glue sticks
|Ready to get my craft on.|
- I removed the glass from the frame and set it aside. I ended up using it as a straight edge when I did my lettering.
- I cut the burlap to fit the frame.
- I tied the spoons together with a piece of thin twine.
- I hot glued the spoons to the burlap at the top of the frame (I used the frame horizontally).
- I wrote out "Spooning since 2007" in pencil first on the burlap.
- I traced over the writing with black Sharpie.
- I messed up on the word "since."
- I cut another piece of burlap and re-wrote "since" and glued it over top of the messed up "since." I actually really liked the 3D result.
- I inserted the burlap into the frame.
- I hot glued a piece of twine tied into a little bow at the bottom of the frame for a finishing touch.
Total cost: $4 (not including the stuff I already had)
Total time: 20 minutes
The look on my friend's face when she opened this unique gift: PRICELESS.