Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Timeless Tea Length

I'm obsessed with tea length wedding dresses.  I think they are timeless, classic, simple, chic, stylish, comfortable, retro... the list goes on and on.  The day I went to try on wedding dresses, I was convinced I was going to leave with a tea length dress.  So was everyone else.  My bestie even texted me the pic below and said, "This is how I picture you on your wedding day."


My vision of myself on my wedding day was very similar to that picture except I would be on the beach instead of frolicking in a random field.  But alas, I ended up with a Grecian-style gown that I could not have loved more.

If you're a bride-to-be and you have yet to try on dresses, I guarantee the vision you have of the "perfect dress" will change once you're in the dressing room.  Chances are, you'll end up like me and get a dress that is entirely different from what you thought you wanted.  But as long as you love it, who cares?

I only hope that one day I get to plan a wedding for a bride in a tea length dress because A.) I'll instantly know we have similar style and B.) I can live vicariously through her.  It's still my favorite silhouette because it is flattering on just about every body type.  And with so many designers, from J.Crew to Monique Lhullier, understanding the fabulousness of the tea length dress, you have your choice from daytime casual to black tie elegant to 1950s screen siren. 

There is also a tea length wedding dress out there for just about any budget.  When I did my own online search for a timeless tea length, I found dresses ranging from $225 - $4,000. 

I hope I've inspired you to at least consider this non-traditional type of dress.  And if you need a little bit of extra motivation, just think of the shoe possiblities!

Here is a little pic gallery of some of my all-time favorite tea length dresses:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Order of designers:  Matthew Christopher, Dolly Couture, Monique Lhullier, Tobi Hannah, David Alexander, David's Bridal, Matthew Christopher
 

No comments:

Post a Comment